Tuesday, 22 December 2009

♥ Florence Welch ♥

So I haven't been on for a while and right now I don't have much to say so here are some quotes from Florence Welch, along with some pictures for you all to look at...



"I spent my 16th birthday high as a kite jumping out of a tree topless in my local park just because it felt amazing hitting the ground." (Florence Welch)



Florence says that although she does worry about her weight – ‘I think every girl does. No one’s completely happy with their body’ – her concern is less about getting fat than getting too skinny. ‘I have a tendency to lose weight – everyone in my family has it, my dad’s really skinny. We get too distracted and forget about eating. People are always encouraging me to eat more.’



‘I was a really chubby kid! Really awkward until the age of 16, then I just got tall, levelled out. I was even skinnier than I am now when I was 17.’



‘I was imaginative, a bit of a dreamer but quite a timid child. I wasn’t confident – I think childhood is one of the most uncertain and terrifying places to be. I don’t know if I’d want to go back there. But I do remember being completely involved in imaginary games that would last for days, weeks. It was always magic, sorcery, living in trees. A lot of just living in imaginary worlds. I don’t think I’ve lost that. It’s just now I’m doing it as a job.’




‘I remember drawing lots of cannibalistic stick men who’d eat each other in really violent ways’




‘I felt so out of my depth, like I didn’t belong. Take That were coming down in a spaceship, Girls Aloud were doing a burlesque show and there was me, shaking… I went backstage and just burst into tears afterwards.’



‘I’ve always been interested in clothes. I became friends with my best friend at school because we wanted to dress up and go to burlesque nights and places where we could wear the most outrageous clothes ever.’







Peace, Love and Lust ♥

1 comment: